Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Visions of a vagabond’s eyes-by Jethro C. Perez

The trees cut down…
No more bountiful fruit bearing trees…
The great blue sky turned into a kingdom of shadows…
The villagers’ farms taken at no cost…

I hope I can save Mother Nature who now lies only in my memory…

Now I see colossal buildings…
I can see unsafe power plants…
I see vehicles fill the ground of yesterday’s green grass, oh so calming…
I see the sky covered with black smoke…

Oh how! How can I bring back the natural history from my memory?!

I stay in the middle of the traffic pleading for food
Which once mother earth held for me and for the animals in the woods…

I know not where to go…
In this place of filthiness or in the heavens with the ones who know…
Who know what God has in store for vagabonds like me…
Vagabonds who wish for the earth’s serenity…

There is hope for tomorrow!
I can see the past restored in the future!
Thrown are the sad experiences in the present and its sorrow…

I saw mountains from where I come from…
I saw the cascade and reminisced that I used to bathe there…
I saw the muddy soil, not knowing that statuettes weren’t made from loam…
I saw the fruit bearing trees everywhere!
I saw the great blue sky filled with playful birds flying east to west…
I saw the villagers tired from working but fails to rest…

If only I can see them now…
If only I still can see them somehow…

The economy expanding…
The mountains mined…
The soil eroded because of trees lacking…
The water fall debilitated by those who are so very unkind…

The earth refurbished so that vagabonds and those who are prosperous hold hands with equality…

Now I see that all of these were meant to be…
Meant to be experienced to realize that there are a lot of immoral actions which were not supposed to be done…

Let the new sun rise and the darkness never again to be witnessed…
Let everything go back to normal…
Let each and every creation go back to where they had originally been…
Where God put them to be seen…

Not to be questioned why…
Trust the visions of a vagabond’s eye…

-Jethro Perez-

1 comment: