Saturday, June 4, 2011

THE ARTIST I KNEW SO WELL...



              JOE M.CIMANES SR.-artist/musician




He could paint marvelously...
built wonderful houses...
carved amazing images...
his numerous work of art...
acclaimed in different places...
known to be the work of a gifted artist...

He played the piano like a pro...
a singer of his own band...
a dancer in his time...
he had it all...
almost a genius in the name of art!

In the name of love...
he gave so much...
to women and friends...
in all  walks of life...
and lived his life to the fullest!

I knew him well as an artist...
but  i knew him not as a father...
how i longed for him to be...
simply as my father...
not the artist...loved...
honored and praised by others!

I may not have felt his love fully...
i may not have shown i cared...
i may not have let him feel the love he wished...
but deep within...i cared...
and loved him just the same!

And when his time was near...
the love i longed he gave...
no longer he the artist of long ago...
but the father i so missed and longed!

Though little time was left...
our days were filled with love and care...
to fill the gap of yesteryears...
Daddy was home at last!


me at 17
my graduation portrait
jars he made for me










1 comment:

  1. The paintings and the jars are just some of Daddy's numerous work of art.

    ReplyDelete