Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sampaguita...anyone?





(For illustration only.)
          Last night,as we were heading home,I saw a woman selling sampaguita.She's so skinny as if she hasn't eaten for days,her face was haggard,her eyes dull and weary.I wonder why she was still on the streets hours after midnight,especially her five children were with her,all skinny and shabby too.They braved speeding cars and rain just to sell their withered and spoiled sampaguita.I wonder...for their late meal or for hungry,opportunists vultures this jungle of a city offers?
           How can these less fortunate beings embrace such inhumane condition just to be in this wilderness of suffering and greed!Or are they both using the other for survival?Such a shame to both of them!God gave us wisdom and dignity we should use and protect.No one has the right to say I don't have a choice!Each of us has,we only have  to use the resources God has provided us abundantly!Some may be in a more comfortable dwelling,some are in a more humble one,but just the same each one uses his gift of wisdom.Our status may vary from top to bottom but still we are one created by God in dignity and wisdom.
           Laziness,begging and vagrancy!Those are choices they opted.A lot work with their sweat and blood to earn a decent living,be it from a humble errand boy or to a successful executive,why can't they be too?Maybe because they wanted it easy,and didn't want to lift a finger to earn decently,and preferred begging instead.
           I ask myself..do I have to pity these poor creatures or not?I may...I may not!I may because they are missing God's wonderful blessings if they only have to work for it,I may not because they totally wasted God's gift  of wisdom and intelligence as  human beings.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures courtesy of the net,for illustration purposes only.

    ReplyDelete