Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A MOTHER'S SIGH


             When you're alone by yourself,only your thoughts seemed to keep you company...You couldn't stop wondering...where have all those happier days gone?When you're children were still young...depending on you...teasing and kissing you.Ahhhh!!!!those wonderful days will forever live in a mother's deepest core.Memories of her children growing up years will keep flooding back,tenderly kept in her loving heart.
              Those times when my boys didn't seem to need anyone but me,when they thought I alone could answer their never ending why's.From the small insects to their growing bodies.Oh how I miss those days.when they would ask me what to wear,cried to me when they were hungry,hid behind my embrace when  there was lightning.Eager to hear my bedtime stories,and loved to listen to my lullabyes as I lulled them to sleep.
              But to let them leave I must...never mind my sadness,never mind my fears...for they have to go and make themselves the persons they wish to be...Away from my prying eyes and protective arms,the mom that I was and still am,would never let anyone hurt them in anyway or anything for that matter.And now..I wonder...what are they doing?..whom are they with?..did someone or something hurt them?..are they happy or sad?..are they still afraid of thunder and lightning?..do they still need me somehow?...do they think of me the way I do every single second of the day?...
             So why do I have to show them my happy face when they're around?Why shouldn't I tell them...please stay with me...don't leave again?For I myself wish and pray for the lives they dream for themselves.This sadness within me is just one of the many sacrifices only a selfless mom endures.And that I will forever be for my three beloved boys.
           
           
   

No comments:

Post a Comment