Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paradise- by Jared Ken C. Perez

Dying in this blossom filled paradise,
I am hopeless.
It is spring yet…
The canaries and butterflies
Sing lies.

Flowers are blooming
Like smiles
Slowly appearing from lips
Often blank…
But here I am,
Dying.

The wind blowing scented
With pine and wildflowers,
Tickling my nostrils…
Reminded me of you,
My love.
It is all so good,
Yet so bad.

My feet
Half submerged
In this shallow waters,
A creek.
And it scorches my sole
Like fire!
The spring sun rays
On my face…
Warm, supposed to be…
But now cold,
Like the highest peak
Of the winter lands.

It kills me…
My life is ending.
As the air I breathe
Like daggers piercing
My chest from within!
Yet,
This is paradise,
This was paradise…
With you.

But hell when you slit my throat
With a kiss
So cold it burns!
And a whisper,
A goodbye…
A whisper so loud it deafens me!

Thus I lay aside…
In this paradise
With memories of you
We had here…
Thus,
In this paradise,
I die.


Jared Ken C. Perez

1 comment: