Monday, June 13, 2011

Jungle in a city






            I miss home,I miss Kiss,I miss my garden,I miss my solitude.This city is not for me...nor any other city for that matter!The sound of the birds chirping is more melodious...much,much better than the deafening sound of engines racing thru and fro like cats and dogs!Men and women alike move like there's no tomorrow!Don't they sleep?Nor at least rest?Can't they stop for a while and ponder where they're leading?Is all the chaos worth their time spent...I wonder...
           Don't they realize that there is life in the country side?A life more peaceful and less competitive as far as their careers are concerned?The lifestyle they embrace in this jungle nicknamed city is a never ending race to nowhere but fatigue and exhaustion.It would only rip off their sanity,and the more they drink in their fame and fortune the more thirsty they become.No urban  person would agree with me I'm sure,but that's what I see!Sooner or later they'll get hooked in their own ambitions cause,man's quest for fame and power is unquenchable!And where would their quest take them?To satisfaction?I doubt it,no success ever satisfies any man!The more successes they achieved the more they thirst!Until contentment is far and unreachable from their minds and hearts.
           We work in order to meet our needs,in so doing we find joy and contentment.But if the very reason of our endeavors which is contentment is depleted,then we failed.No amount of money nor fame could ever bring any man pure joy.It's only a life of peace and tranquility that could make any one finally say,I am happy and I am content!
            Each of us knows where our happiness lies...go find it...as the old saying goes and I quote,"Life is where your heart is."Who knows it's in the country side?..Away from this noisy,polluted city you call home.
           As for me...my heart is where you can still smell the freshness of the morning dew, blended with the beautiful sound of the birds singing and sights of butterflies and colorful flowers everywhere...my home.


1 comment: